Better Off With Labour – the Alternative to Osborne’s Cuts
7pm, Wednesday, 9th March 2016
House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA
- John McDonnell MP, Shadow Chancellor,
- Diane Abbott MP, Shadow International Development Secretary,
- Cat Smith MP, Shadow Minister for Women
- Helen Goodman MP, Treasury Select Committee
- Maya Goodfellow, writer for ‘The Independent’ & ‘LabourList,’
- Shelly Asquith, Vice-President (Welfare,) NUS,
- Steve Turner, Unite the Union & People’s Assembly Against Austerity.
On the evening of March 9th, the Labour Assembly Against Austerity will host our annual pre-budget meeting, analysing the current situation regarding austerity, and seeking to build support for both the People’s Assembly Against Austerity Movement (including its April 16 National March for Health, Homes, Jobs & Education) and support for Labour’s alternatives to austerity.